Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday Night

Just got out of the hot tub in Lakeview Oregon. We drove through some pretty heavy smoke from the Northern California fires today and the hot tub took the smell off of us. I have never seen so many fire trucks, helicopters and fire planes in my life. Thank goodness for those fire service people. We have driven 3428 miles so far in 74 hours of driving. Geez, that sounds like a lot but it doesn't feel like it has been that long. Northern California was beautiful. We ran into a couple at a Chinese restaurant in town tonight that just came in from Boise and are traveling to where we just came from. They said we have a lot of nothing to look at on our drive tomorrow. I am in Black Butte Porter beer country now but I'm not sure how much I can fit in the car. It is so full of wine I am afraid I may overload the shocks. I'll throw out some pillows to make room.

No comments:

Post a Comment