Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday

When Lorrie says we found a great donut place, she means we found the greatest donut I have ever eaten and trust me I know donuts! I even bought a bag full to go. This trip is really almost too much to take in. When you are on the old route you feel like you are back in the 40's or 50's. I have gotten to know the road so well I can tell when we have ventured off the route and I can usually find my way back onto 66. As we pass old relic after old relic I kind of get mad at the people who are just letting this places fall apart. It can't be that hard to just do a little basic repair or upkeep. Kent and I could have one of these places back in business in a week. There are times when you don't see another car or person for an hour or so when you are on the actual route. I guess that may be why all the businesses went under, duh! Time to call it a night. A long trip to Williams AZ. tomorrow, 415 miles. I've got my bag a donuts to get me there!

No comments:

Post a Comment